Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sam


This commission was a lot of fun.  As soon as I received the intial drawing from Sam's mom, I saw a kid who was pretending to be a giant lumbering through a tiny village, or something of the sort!

But I have to tell you.  The best part of this commission was giving the painting to Sam. Up to this point I have always handed off finished pieces to parents.  I was in luck this time as Sam was in my studio. I held up his original drawing "Remember this?!" I said to him. He nodded his head yes.  Then from behind my back I began to bring out the painting... "Well, this is what I did with it!" He was so pleased. It made my day.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute!! I like the idea of shoes with bows tied (I don't think he has enough toes for bare feet).

    ReplyDelete